April 13, 2010

Stop forcing me to join Looklet!

My sister keep telling me that I should try to join Looklet.com. I already saw it at a glance when she was playing it, and I think...okay...you can choose the clothes you want, and then mix&match it with this and that, and then...what's so hot about that? Okay...I know that everyone there can participated in some contests and win something...but I wasn't sure that we could be the winner or at least chosen as nominee.

Why I was so skeptic? I share you my opinion here:
1. There are more than 250 thousand users joined Looklet, and I thought that number itself already shows us how small the chance to get attention among others who already joined & got popularity in this site.
2. It's an internationally contest, and for some reason, it's a bit hard for people that came from South East Asia to have themselves being a winner in such world contest. It's easier for us to see nominees from Europe or America continents rather than Asia. Example: it's very rare to see an Indonesian nominated for Top 10 Miss Universe, Miss World, etc.
3. The rules to enter the contest was: Looklet pick 20 nominees, and then the most liked nominees will get the first prize. If you get nominated, maybe because you are worth it. Means that your design is very outstanding.
If you get the first prize, your design might not be the best or the  (real) most favorite among all nominees' design. It needs extra effort , which is....you have to get vote from as many people to get your prize. And surely this effort will take much time. This is what I hate. 

But somehow, yesterday I decided to join Looklet.com.
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
and I can't stop playing. Crap.

It reminds me that in my childhood, even I was boyish (and still, I think), I used to playing Barbie as well as any other teenage girls. The difference with Looklet is...in this site you can mix and match clothes that you don't have, you wish to have, or you may can't have!
You can practice to be a stylist there. Hm...I don't think I have a good sense as a stylist, and I don't ever dream about it, either. I prefer to design something. Well, I think Looklet can be one of my inspirations, and the other advantage was...I have something to write about for this blog :D
This is my looklet page, feel free to heart any looks that you love.
And this one is my first look: 
What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. hey, thanks for visiting my blog the other day :)
    just want to tell you a lil' advice about the contest on looklet, enjoy it!
    you wouldn't know that you might be chosen someday. cuz i was chosen once (and luckily won ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the whole outfit.

    xo nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am addicted to looklet ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah...i was too everytime I open Looklet. But I barely have time to do it lately :(

    ReplyDelete